Cloisters Appeal Launched
An appeal has been launched in Bembridge to transform the Cloisters, which has played an important part of village life since 1860. It was first built as the infant school and later became known as the Day Centre. In 2000, it was renamed the Cloisters when it came under the ownership of Holy Trinity Church and has been used extensively by community groups.
A £100,000 appeal to fund extensive refurbishments has already reached a third of its target, thanks to the Friends of Holy Trinity who are now asking the wider community to contribute.
As part of the Cloisters Appeal, the Friends are holding a Garden Open event at Tyne Hall, at the end of Love Lane in Bembridge on Sunday 10 June between 2 – 5:30pm (£3 entrance, children free)
More information can be found at www.bembridgeholytrinity.org.uk